In 2020, Beachwood Medical Center (BMC) ranked as one of the best hospitals for inpatient experience in the nation. These rankings are based on actual patient feedback that all hospitals in the US are required to collect by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). In 2020, the Beachwood Medical Center was measured against 2,617 hospitals nationwide.
The survey that our inpatients receive is called the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems Survey, administered by Press Ganey, a third party consulting company. All patients that have an overnight stay receive the survey by mail 10-12 days after they leave Beachwood Medical Center.
A majority of inpatients at Beachwood Medical Center took the time to return their survey, and their responses were overwhelmingly positive.
- 90% of all respondents said they would definitely recommend Beachwood Medical Center to family and friends
- 89% of respondents gave the hospital an overall rating of a 9 or 10 on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best
- 90% said communication with nurses was excellent, that they always felt respected, listened to and that the nurse explained things well
- 89% said that communication with doctors was also excellent, that they always felt respected, listened to and that the doctor explained things well
When compared to all other hospitals in the survey, Beachwood Medical Center received near perfect scores, landing in the top percentile in several other important categories:
- Responsiveness of staff: 98th percentile
- Cleanliness: 89th percentile
- Quietness of atmosphere: 90th percentile
- Communication regarding medicines: 94th percentile
- Discharge assistance: 96th percentile