Compassionate and Advanced Pain Care
Pain comes from many different sources and affects each person in a unique way. It can be acute, short-lasting or a chronic problem that inhibits your daily life. Pain management physicians help ease pain that comes from both diseases and pain disorders. They treat people suffering from everything from headaches to joint pain to the discomforts of cancer treatments.
Our pain management doctors are highly trained and specialized to work with patients to find the pain management therapies that are best suited for their type of discomfort. Often, a combination of therapies is needed.
The pain management specialists at Beachwood Medical Center treat a wide variety of disorders and offer many options for easing painful conditions.
Pain Management Techniques
The National Institute on Aging offers some simple techniques that you can try on your own to lessen your pain.
- Keep your weight down. Extra weight can slow healing and make some pain worse, for example, pain in the back, knees, hips, and feet.
- Exercise. Pain can make you inactive, which can lead to a cycle of more pain and loss of function. Mild exercise can help.
- Get enough sleep. It will improve healing and your mood.
- Avoid tobacco, caffeine, and alcohol. They can have a negative impact on your treatment and increase your pain.
- Join a pain support group. Talking with people about how they deal with pain can help. You can share your ideas and thoughts while learning from others in the group.